Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dieting tips?

There are plenty of people out there wanting and needing to lose weight, regardless of what they do for their career. Here's a few of my biggest tips.

- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Flush out all the nasty stuff in your body and keep yourself functioning.
- In the words of SSgt Nichols, be committed, not inspired. That's why most diet and exercise plans fail. You look at these people that lose weight, get motivated for a week, and give up. Weight loss takes time. I'm the most impatient person on Earth, it's a struggle.
- Don't eat sugar. You don't need soda, candy, chocolate, smoothies, your morning coffee. You just don't.
- Carbs will not be a good friend of yours when you're eating sandwiches and rice and pizzas. All that starchy stuff is going to pack right on.
- I drink Emergen-C. Those fizzy vitamin packets that you see in the commercials? Yeah they taste like ass but it gets the job done. My main reason for taking them was so I'd get the energy and B vitamins to feel good, so I'd want to PT.
- Sleep like a normal person. Don't go to bed at 0400 and wake up in the afternoon. Not only is that a ridiculous waste of a day, but your body wasn't meant to be up all hours of the night. That's why we're not nocturnal. (I say this as I'm up WAY past my reasonable bedtime.)

- My biggest mistake: eating out of boredom. You eat to live, not live to eat.

I'll post before and after pictures for you. Let me warn you, I'm probably one of the biggest tomboys you'll ever see. I am indeed female. Baha.

-A.Jarrah

No comments:

Post a Comment