Thursday, January 27, 2011

Excited!

Just talked to Staff Sergeant Spalding, the Marine Corps recruiter in McMinnville. He said there's absolutely nothing holding me back from enlisting, after he took down all of my information. The only setbacks are my ankle will take a little bit of time to get a waiver, but it's doable. As well as my weight is still a little high. However, we're having a meeting on Monday about starting a PT routine for me and I'll be going running with the rest of the poolees (A poolee is someone that's already sworn in to the Armed Forces and is waiting to leave for boot camp/basic training. Also known as the DEP, or Delayed Entry Program.) at the recruiting station. I'm a little nervous to be running with these guys that are obviously fit and ready to become Marines, so tomorrow I'm going to do my first IST (Initial Strength Test). The normal IST would involve a flexed-arm hang, but I don't have a pull up bar to do it on. So I'll be doing a 1 mile run, which will need to be under 10 minutes and 30 seconds, as well as a minimum of 35 sit ups in 2 minutes. I think I've got the sit ups down, but the run will be a challenge. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I'm praying for strength and confidence, I really don't want to make a douche out of myself in front of all the poolees. They may not be Marines, but they're further in the game than I am. Wish me luck.

-Soon to be Poolee A. Jarrah?

No comments:

Post a Comment