Monday, January 24, 2011

What is this for?

Basically, I don't want to keep updating my Facebook status with everything I'm doing in terms of enlisting. So whoever actually cares to know, can just come here. I don't know who's going to bother reading this, but I figure it'll be nice to look back on later on. 


I'm incredibly close to being able to enlist. The Marine Corps has a little higher standard when it comes to height and weight for enlisting, compared to the Army (which was my other choice). I decided there's no point in settling for less than what I want, when this is my life. I can make it happen.


I started in October weighing 226 lbs, and I'm 5'3". Ridiculous right? Well currently I'm at 181, which is pretty awesome. Still overweight, but I feel a lot better. My running is a lot better too! Anyways, I've lost 45 lbs so far, and I still have a little further to go. I'm pretty excited. I've had a lot of fears when it comes to enlisting. Being away from my mom, being in a new place, not knowing if I could make it, not wanting to be deployed. Then it occurred to me, what's the point of living if I'm going to be too afraid to do what I want with my life? That'd just be stupid. I've acted like a five year old a lot lately when it comes to the future, when it comes to my fears and not doing anything. It all made me come to a very simple conclusion.


Time to grow up.
Can't live forever.


Signing off,
A. Jarrah

No comments:

Post a Comment