Friday, July 1, 2011

Why the Marine Corps, and some moto for fatbodies.

I started seriously considering and thinking about the Marine Corps when I was about 12-13. I was in middle school, and there was a girl who's brother was in Marine Corps bootcamp. As soon as she told me about him, I started eating, sleeping and breathing "Marine Corps". Come to think of it, maybe I was just sleeping and breathing it, because I've been overweight since I was a baby. Anyway, I started researching. I saw just how much pride Marines have in themselves. I've never been the most confident person, and that probably roots from the fact that I was always overweight. So when I saw how much respect Marines had for themselves, I really wanted to be able to say I had that too. It wasn't about the uniforms, or the benefits, or the pay. Funniest thing, I was in the car with my Recruiter the other day and we mentioned pay. I had completely and utterly forgotten that you get paid in the Marine Corps. I never once thought about that, because it didn't matter to me. (Now of course I'm completely excited to get paid for it.) But I digress..
When I hear my Recruiter say he's mentioned me to his boss, I get really excited. I always tell him "tell them I'll ship tomorrow if they'll let me. I'll take any job, Reserve or Active, just let me go." It's no secret how bad I want this. On top of the pride of the title, I'm going to have even more when I get to show every single person I know that I did it. I've been told countless times that I was too much of a fatass to ever get into the Marine Corps, or even the ARMY. Yeah, that's a stab in the gut, right?
The things that come with being a Marine are just added perks to me, just making it and earning the title alone is my life goal. So, the moral of this long and drawn out story is: don't give up on anything. There's nothing worse than giving up on yourself when you don't have to. You live for yourself and you can be whatever you desire to be as long as you desire to work for it. And to those who are struggling and desperately trying their hearts out to lose weight, enjoy the work you're doing. Don't ever get fed up or frustrated, love every second of it. Because every second you're trying your hardest, you're that much closer to proving to yourself you can do anything. We all have people we want to prove wrong, but you need to strive to prove yourself wrong above all. I'm telling you, you can do it. Stay freaking motivated. 

-Jarrah

No comments:

Post a Comment